No-Touch Hand-Washing Countdown Timer: BIGGIE-Sized
This hand-washing timer counts down the 20 seconds required to zap COVID-19 when washing your hands with soapy water.
You turn it on by waving your hands in front (no touch); it counts down seconds after a short delay to let you get your hands in the soap + water. It has a red LED screen. A clear cover lets you wipe the front surface clean if you should happen to touch it.
Some fine print: THIS IS NOT A HEALTH OR MEDICAL DEVICE. It's just a timer!
Price includes USPS shipping. Orders ship in 1-3 weeks. It's a strange time in the supply chain so I will keep you updated if any further delays pop up.
The picture shows a real prototype. I am still finalizing the clear cover, paint, and other small details; there may be other small changes, but this shows about what you'll receive. BTW, these timers are not my invention--I've designed these particular versions but can't take credit for the idea!
Note that the BIGGIE-sized screen is dimmer, and is hard to read in direct sunlight.
These timers come in three sizes:
- All include $10 donation to DC's SOME (So Others May Eat)
- Needs ~1' open space in front of it
- Can be countertop or wall mounted (fits on to 2 screws)
- Can be wiped clean to disinfect
- No settings or buttons, nothing to set up or configure
- Aluminum Hammond enclosure, painted 3d-printed plastic front panel with transparent cover
- Costs more than a consumer product because I'm hand assembling them in small quantity and using high quality parts
- Includes a 1-year warranty for parts and labor
- Around $10 of the purchase price covers my labor